Calendar of Events
If you know of any events of interest please reach out to email@example.com
- This event has passed.
4th of July Fireworks
July 4 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Mid-County Sparkles on July 4th at Albert Einstein High School
The 4th of July fireworks event will be held at Einstein High School again this year. The same roads will be closed and each closure listed below will be manned by a uniformed presence (either Police, Crossing Guards, County Security, Wheaton Safe Team members, and/or contract security). If you are expecting company for the fireworks – please ask your neighbors, relatives, and guests to be in the neighborhoods no later than 7:00 pm. The barricades will go up at 7:00 pm. sharp. If there are emergency situations or folks living in the neighborhood who must enter or exit after the barricades have been erected, they may be asked to show the person staffing the barricade identification (i.e., a driver’s license) in order to allow entrance onto their street.
Any neighborhoods/streets planning on holding block parties will need to apply for a block party permit. I have attached a copy for convenience.
Following is the list of road closures. We are hoping you will share this information with your neighbors.
- There will be no parking allowed on Newport Mill Road after 6:00 p.m. on July 3rd
- At 7:00 p.m. Newport Mill Road will become a one-way road (eastbound) and will close to all traffic when the fireworks begin at approximately 9:15 p.m.
- Over 14 Ride-On buses are scheduled for the evening to provide continuous shuttle service from Westfield Mall (at the North Building and this is where most folks park). The shuttle buses will begin at 6:15 p.m. and will continue to run until we have cleared the crowd at the end of the event.
- Norris Drive will be used to stage approximately half of the emergency equipment on site (the remaining equipment will be placed throughout the fallout area on the Einstein School property. The equipment is using Norris Drive to allow them to easily respond to other calls in the area that evening.
Road Closures-Please Plan Accordingly!
Newport Mill and College View (both sides)
Newport Mill and Kenton
Newport Mill and Mapleview
Newport Mill and Stark
Newport Mill and Astoria
Newport Mill and Lund
Newport Mill and Madison
Newport Mill and Murdock
Newport Mill and Anderson
Newport Mill and Denfield
Newport Mill and Nimitz
Newport Mill and Lawrence
Kensington Blvd. at Einstein High School
University Blvd. and Lawrence
University Blvd. and Madison
University Blvd. and West
University Blvd. and Hillsdale
Unviersity Blvd. and Valley View
University Blvd. and Midvale
Upton and East Avenue
Upton and Chevy Chase Bank
East Avenue – just past the McDonald’s
Hillsdale at Parking Lot
Veirs Mill median at Norris Drive
Veirs Mill and Norris Drive
Veirs Mill and Schoolhouse Court (both entrances)
Veirs Mill and College View Drive
- At the end of the fireworks, Newport Mill Road will become a “Pedestrian Safety Zone” and all traffic will be held until pedestrians have cleared the area. Shuttle buses will begin to run once the Police have deemed it safe to do so.
- Handicapped/disabled parking will be available at the Einstein High School parking lot. However, folks parking there will need to realize they may be held in the parking lot following the event due to the “Pedestrian Safety Zone”.
As in the years past, we want to make this a safe, enjoyable event for the folks coming from surrounding areas as well as for those who live in the immediate area. The activities at Einstein HS begin at 7:30 p.m. (music, food).
Join family, friends and neighbors for a fun evening and great fireworks! Please contact Trish Gill if you have any questions at 240-777-6828 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information go to montgomerycountymd.gov/rec.
P.S. RAIN DATE: In the event of rain, fireworks only will take place on Wednesday July 5th. There will be no entertainment, buses or road closures.