Calendar of Events
If you know of any events of interest please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
OMG CO-SPONSORED: Wheaton Arts Parade
September 24 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
One Montgomery Green is co-sponsoring the
Wheaton ARTS Parade
Wheaton is walking to celebrate art.
JOIN THE PARADE !
Sunday – September 24, 2017
Wheaton, MD 20902
The first annual Wheaton Arts Parade and Festival will take place on Sunday, September 24 in Wheaton, Maryland from 10am-6pm.
More than 40 artists, a Rhinestone Einstein, giant puppets, 3 marching bands, 7 dance companies and more will parade north on Georgia Avenue in Wheaton, MD beginning at 10 am. People are encouraged to watch the parade from the east side of Georgia Avenue. The parade starts at Prichard Street and proceeds to Price Avenue, where it will turn off Georgia and head to Veterans Park.
In Veterans Park and along Fern Street, a free community arts festival will take place from Noon to 6pm, featuring 3 stages of local performers, puppeteers, writers, students and artists from around the world, food from local restaurants, and a local filmmaker tent. Artists will also be offering works for sale.
The Wheaton Arts Parade and Festival celebrates the arts and cultural diversity of the community, Wheaton as an Arts and Entertainment District and establishes a Fall event for the community. This event is supported in part by the Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery Council, Westfield Wheaton and Montgomery County Department of Recreation.
- Visual and performing artists of all kind will parade their work along the edge of the Wheaton Triangle. Their art will be on display and for sale at the festival at the end of the parade.
- Live performances and films will run all afternoon.
- Come with your family, school, business, community organization, or by yourself. You won’t be alone for long.
- Carry art, push art, pull art, or wear art. Play music, dance, sing, perform or just join the celebration.
- Food and beverages will be on sale but don’t miss this opportunity to visit one of Wheaton’s famous ethnic restaurants.
- Public workshops will help participants get ready in the months leading up to the parade. Check the “News” for dates.
Parade begins at 10:00am. Festival follows and ends at 6:00pm. Parade and festival are FREE for all participants & spectators.
We are celebrating Wheaton and artists from Montgomery County, but artists from near and far are invited to join in the fun.
To sponsor or to participate, visit http://www.wheatonartsparade.com